October 15, 2018 In Recipes
- 1/2 cup quinoa (well washed)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup AFN’s Classic Cashew Butter
- 2 tablespoons curry paste any kind (red is best!)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large (or two small) bunches kale
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive-oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari)
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped toasted cashews (for garnish)
- Prepare quinoa as instructed by its package.
- Combine cashew butter, curry paste, diced tomatoes with juice, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender; purée until smooth. (Makes about 1½ cups.) Discard kale stems; slice leaves crosswise into ½-inch ribbons.
- Place a heavy, large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add onion and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and carrot and sauté 2 minutes more. Fold in kale until coated in onion mixture and beginning to wilt (add kale in batches if necessary). Add tamari and water; fold to coat vegetables in liquid. Cover and cook 4 minutes, until kale is tender but still green.
- Divide quinoa among serving plates; layer kale and about three-fourths of cashew mixture (or to taste) on top (or stir kale and cashew mixture together before serving). Serve hot, topped with toasted cashews.